Business Tax Receipt Forms Driver License Forms Property Tax Forms Motor Vehicle Forms Tourist Development Tax Forms Vessel Forms
Business Tax Receipts Disabled Parking Permit Renewal Driver License Renewal Hunting and Fishing Licenses Mobile Home Registration Renewal Motor Vehicle Registration Renewal Pay in Person or by Mail Payment Options Real Estate Property Taxes Tangible Personal Property Taxes Vehicle/Vessel Registration Renewal
Document Requirements Limited Services Offered Services Not Offered
Cut Off Times Holidays Hours and Locations


General Disclosure: Accuracy of the information provided on this web site is not guaranteed for legal purposes.


Renewal Services Auto Registration (Tag) Renewal Business Tax Receipt Renewal Concealed Weapon Permit Apps Disabled Parking Permit Driver License Renewal Hunting and Fishing Licenses Mobile Home Renewal Vessel Registration Renewal
Business Tax Receipts Applying for a New Receipt Data Download Fictitious Names Forms Frequently Asked Questions Going out of Business Information Guide for New Businesses Payment Options Renew Receipt Online Search Existing Tax Receipts Useful Business Links
Concealed Weapon Permit Apps Concealed Weapon Permit Applications Concealed Weapon Permit Fees Consumer Information from the Florida Department of Agriculture Eligibility Requirements Form and Publication Request Florida Department of Agriculture Partnership
Dealers Ask a Dealer Clerk Auto Data Direct Dealer Training and Information DHSMV Print E-Title Discretionary Sales Surtax DMV Forms DMV Procedure Manuals Driver License Check ELT List ELT Modifications Frequently Asked Questions Concerning E-Titles Insurance Company Search Motor Vehicle Check New Fee Schedule Documents Pay Your Dealer Work Online Personalized Plate Availability Renew Business Tax
Driver License Services Change of Address Class E Driver License - Road Testing Commercial Driver License (CDL) Driver License Check Fees Forms First Time Driver Road Testing Frequently Asked Questions Handbooks Learner's License Locations Make/Cancel Online Driver License Appointment New Document Requirements Organ Donor Registation Renewals Revocations That We Process Sanctions That We Process Services Offered/General Information Services Not Offered Social Security (Local) Offices
Employment Application for Employment Employment Opportunities Salary and Benefit Information
Forms Business Tax Receipt Forms Driver License Forms Motor Vehicle Forms Property Tax Forms Tourist Development Forms Vessel Forms
Helpful Links Clerk of the Court Driver License Bureau Florida Department of Health National Links Other Tax Collectors Property Appraiser Seminole County Government Seminole County Health Department Seminole County Taxing Authorities Sheriff Social Security Administration State of Florida Links State Legislative Elected Officials Supervisor of Elections
Hours & Holiday Schedule Contact & Mailing Info Hours & Holiday Schedule
How are we doing? Complete a Survey Contact Us
Hunting & Fishing General Information Disabled Persons License Fishing Hunting Purchase License Online Recent News Residency Requirements
Instant Verification of Taxes Real Estate Tax Verification Tangible Property Tax Verification
Locations & Contact Info Contact & Mailing Info Locations
Military Information Concealed Weapon Permit Applications Fast Title Packet Military Assignment Outside of Florida Military Gold Sportsman's License Military Insurance Exemption Information Military Title Transfer Packet Specialty Plates-Military Service
News & Information Calendar of Events Payment Options Summary of Current Budget by Appropriation Category Terms of Use
Property Taxes Ad Valorem Taxes/Non-Ad Valorem Assessments Change of Address Delinquent Taxes eCheck F.A.Q. Exemptions Forms Frequently Asked Questions Installment Payment Plan Millage Rates Payment Options Pay Taxes Online Tangible Personal Property Tax Certificate Sale Tax Certificate Sale FAQ's Tax Estimator Taxing Authorities Understanding Your Tax Bill
Records Search Business Tax Receipt by Account Business Tax Receipt by Address Business Tax Receipt by Name Business Tax Receipt by Owner Real Estate Tax Search Tangible Property Tax Search
Tax SearchReal Estate Tax SearchTangible Property Tax Search
Tourist Development Tax Discretionary Sales Surtax Forms Frequently Asked Questions General Information Overview of Sales and Use Tax on Rental of Living or Sleeping Accommodations Tourist Impact Tax
Translation/TTY Information Free Translation Aids
Vehicles Title & Registration Buyer Alert Change of Address Disabled Parking Permits Driver License Driver License Check Electronic Lien & Title System Fast Title Service - Vehicles Fees Florida Title Transfer-Vehicles Forms Frequently Asked Questions Helpful Links Leased Vehicles Manufacturer's Statement of Origin Military InformationMobile Home Information New Residents/Moving into Florida New Vehicles Payment Options Personalized & Specialty Plates Previously Titled Out of State Proof of Insurance Renew Registration (Tag) Online Sales Tax Surrendering Plate when Moving Title Information - Vehicles
Vessels Title & Registration Change of Address Electronic Lien & Title System Fast Title Service - Vessel Federally Documented Vessels Fees Florida Title Transer-Vessels Frequently Asked Questions FormsGeneral Vessel Title Information Manufacturer's Certificate/Statement of Origin Payment Options Previously Titled Out of State Registration Numbers Renew Vessel Registration Online Title Information - Vessels

ScheduleFlorida DMV Booklet


Tag & Title Registration Frequently Asked Questions

Why do I need to provide proof of insurance when renewing?

Section 320.02(5)(a), Florida Statutes, requires a motor vehicle owner to provide proof that personal injury protection benefits have been purchased when required under s. 627.733, and in compliance with s. 627.733, Florida Statutes, and that property damage liability coverage has been purchased as required under s.324.022, Florida Statutes, and combined bodily insurance and property damage liability insurance have been purchased when required under s. 627.7415, Florida Statutes.

The applicant shall provide such proof at the time of application for registration of any motor vehicle owned as defined in s. 627.732, Florida Statutes. The issuing license plate agent shall refuse to issue registration if such proof of insurance is not provided.

What do I need to do?

 If I sell my vehicle?

If you are not purchasing another vehicle you must surrender your tag to any Tax Collector’s office.  You will be given a receipt for your license plate.  

If I didn't receive a renewal notice in the mail ?

If you did not receive a renewal notice and would like to renew by mail, please submit the following items:

Lost the paperwork on the vehicle I purchased ?

The seller must apply for a replacement title. The seller must resign any replacement documents such as a bill of sale and odometer disclosure.

Lost my title?

The owner(s) of the vehicle may request a duplicate title at any Tax Collector's office. The fees for a duplicate title are as follows:

The duplicate title is mailed to the owner within 10-14 days. You will need to present picture ID. If there is a lien showing on DHSMV records, you will need to obtain a lien satisfaction letter from the lien holder.

Where do I get an application for a parking permit or a wheel chair plate?

You may pick up an application at any of our offices or download the application from our web site.

When do I need to?      

Change the address on my driver license?

Florida law requires residents, within 30 days of changing their name and address, to obtain a replacement license. The fee is $25.00.  

Change my driver license from out of state to Florida, and do I have to do this before I can get my Florida plate?

Florida law requires you to obtain your Florida driver license within 30 days of establishing residency. There is no requirement to obtain your Florida plates first.

Renew my tag?  How early can I renew my tag?

You must renew your tag by midnight of your birthday.  You may renew your tag up to three months prior to your birth month.

Surrender my license plates?

You must surrender your license plates if you move out of state, cancel your insurance or sell your vehicle and do not plan on replacing it within 30 days.   

How do I?

Cancel a disabled parking permit ?

If the owner is deceased or no longer requires the permit, the parking permit may be turned in or mailed to the Tax Collector's office with an explanation for canceling.

Purchase a personalized plate/tag?

Personalized plates are ordered from the Tax Collector’s Office. The cost of the plate is $15.00 per year in addition to the annual tax and fees. Personalized plates may be ordered for private or company owned cars, trucks, motor homes, motorcycles and leased vehicles. They are usually mailed to your home within 90 days after ordering.

Change the address on my registration?

An updated registration will be provided at a charge of $3.00.

Register a vehicle, I am moving here from another state.

The following documents must be completed and sent to the Tax Collector's Office:

    1. The Title.
    2. The vehicle's VIN must be verified by one of the following:
      a. Police officer
      b. Out of state dealer on their letterhead
      c. Florida car dealer
      d. Florida DMV inspector
      e. Florida Notary
      f. Florida Tax Collector Employee
    3. Approved picture identification of the applicant
    4. Bill of Sale or proof of sales tax collected if the vehicle is owned less than six months
    5. Proof of Florida Insurance

Register a vehicle, I just purchased from another state?

The following documents must be completed and sent to the Tax Collector's Office:

    1. The title has been signed and completed by the seller.
    2. The vehicle's VIN must be verified by one of the following:

      a. Police officer
      b. Out of state dealer on their letterhead
      c. Florida car dealer
      d. Florida DMV inspector
      e. Florida Notary
      f. Florida Tax Collector Employee
    3. Approved picture identification of the applicant
    4. Bill of Sale or proof of sales tax collected
    5. Proof of Florida Insurance

Sell a vehicle?  What do I do with the title?

The seller(s) must print the buyer(s) names, address, date of sale, selling price, mileage and mileage read date if vehicle is less than ten years old.  The buyer(s) and seller(s) must also sign and print their names.

Can I?

Buy a temporary tag to take my vehicle back to my home state?

Yes, if the vehicle was purchased in Florida with a Florida title. You must provide proof of current insurance, the title and approved picture identification. The temporary tag is $7.50 and you will be assessed sales tax according to your state of residence.

Sign on behalf of my spouse?

You may only sign on your spouse’s behalf if they have appointed you attorney in-fact on a power of attorney form.

Use my spouse’s parking permit for myself?

No.  Each parking permit registration reflects the owner’s driver’s license number.  It may only be used by the parking permit owner.

Anyone who obtains or uses a permit that does not belong to them can be charged with a second-degree misdemeanor - $1000 fine or up to 6 months in jail. Improper use of the permit is twice the fee of a disabled parking violation. This should deter people from loaning their permits to family members.

It does not matter if you are running an errand for the person with a disability. If the person with a disability is not present -- the fine is $1000.