Download a package of instructions, all necessary forms, and a checklist of documentation
Florida Title Transfer Information Packet for Leased Vehicles
Fast Title Information Packet for Vehicles
The following documentation must be provided
- The original manufacturer's certificate of origin (MCO), properly assigned to
- A completed HSMV 82040
Application for Certificate of Title With/Without Registration. Please note that
often the following sections of this form are left blank, resulting in an
application that can not be processed. Please make sure the following items are
- Section 1: The vehicle owner’s Florida driver license number. If the vehicle is to be titled in a business name, please include the Federal Employer Identification Number (FEID)
- The Florida sales tax exemption number of the leasing company
- The leasing company's:
- Complete business address
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEID) or DMV Customer Number
- If the vehicle was leased out-of-state, a physical inspection of the vehicle
identification number (VIN or serial number) by a law enforcement officer,
licensed dealer, Florida notary public, Provost Marshall, DMV, or tax
collector employee is to be performed. The Tax Collector's office can
perform this inspection free of charge.
- A copy of one of the following proof of identification:
- A Florida driver license or identification card with photo
- An out-of-state driver license or identification card with photo
- A US passport
- A Canadian driver license, identification card, or passport
- A driver license or identification card from any U.S. Territory
- An out-of-country passport
Please note that while a copy of a Florida driver license or identification card IS NOT required to be submitted, it makes the process simpler. Find out more information about obtaining a Florida driver license.
- Proof of Florida insurance (a Florida insurance card, policy, or binder), or completed HSMV 83330 Florida Insurance Affidavit.
- If you are transferring a valid Florida license plate, a copy of the current Florida registration certificate.