Note: There are several changes to the hunting permits process this year. Current information is available at www.myfwc.com.
Another important fiscal responsibility for the Office of the Tax Collector involves work as an agent for the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission. In this capacity the Tax Collector is responsible for the sale of hunting and fishing licenses, Florida waterfowl stamps, game management permits, the collection of all monies from these sales, and the maintenance of all records associated with such transactions.
Licenses are made of a durable paper stock that is water resistant. In addition, an electronic record of your license will be kept that makes license renewal and replacement a much easier process.
Licenses may be obtained by:
- The Office of the Seminole County Tax Collector.
- Purchase license on the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission website.
- From an approved Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission subagent; such as "bait and tackle" dealers, sporting goods stores and retail outlets.
- By telephone for an additional fee. Please call fishing 1-800-347-4356 or 1-800-486-8356 for hunting.
- Some licenses are available only at a Tax Collector's office. Please see a list of these licenses.