New: Step-by-Step Guide!
- Current Vehicle Registration and Proof of Insurance must be presented before a Road Test is administered.
- Required Road Test Documents and Vehicle Inspection Checklist
- Renew your Class E Driver License Online
- TTY Road Test applicants may make an appointment for special booking at 407-665-1000. Requests must be made at least three full business days before services are needed. TTY Road Test applicants will be issued 8:30 a.m. appointments.
- Medical extended driving test or three crashes in three years driving test must call 407-665-7850 to make an appointment.
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for a Class E License (also known as an Intermediate License when you are under 18 years of age):
- You must be at least 16 years of age to be eligible to take the Road Test.
- If you are 16 or 17 years old, you must have held a Learner's License for at least 1 year, conviction-free.
- If you are 18 years old, it is not necessary to hold a Learner's License for a year; however, you must have a valid driving record that shows you passed the exams required to obtain a Learner's License to be eligible to take the Road Test (i.e. Date [drug and alcohol], Road Signs and Road Rules).
- Your parent, guardian, or another responsible adult 21 years old or older must be
present with their identification to give their parental consent.
- This person must be willing to assume the obligation imposed by s. 322.05(3) F.S. and they must verbally certify that you have had 50 hours of driving experience; 10 of which must include nighttime driving.
- If such a person cannot be present for whatever reason, they must complete FORM HSMV 71143 and this form must be turned in with your application for a Class E License.
- If you do not already have a Real ID
Compliant Florida Learner License, you must present documents that establish
your identity pursuant to the Real ID Act:
- i.e. Birth certificate, proof of name change(s), U.S. Passport, Valid I-551/I-151 Permanent Resident Card, USCIS (INS) docs, Social Security Card and two proofs of residential address).
- Non-US Citizens must have at least 61 days remaining on their legal presence documentation.
- You must take and pass the Class E Road Test. You may take this test at our Casselberry Branch Office only. Road tests are administered by our office by appointment only.
- You must pay $6.25 to upgrade your Learner License to a Class E License plus any exam
- If your Learner License is lost/stolen or you have changes to make to your
personal information, you must pay $31.25 plus any exam retake fees.
- A $10 fee is charged for each written exam retake and $20 for each Road Test retake.
- If your Learner License is lost/stolen or you have changes to make to your personal information, you must pay $31.25 plus any exam retake fees.