If you would like similar information delivered to your email address, please join our Seminole County Tax Collector News Bulletin list below:
The office of the Seminole County Tax Collector accepts echeck, VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express for business owners to renew their Business Tax Receipt online.
NEW LAWS AIMED AT BOATING SAFETY AND PROTECTING NATURAL RESOURCES ARE IN EFFECT
Any boater born on or after Jan. 1, 1988 will be required to take an approved boating safety course and possess an FWC-issued boating safety identification card. Anyone born on or after Jan. 1, 1988 and purchases a boat will have 90 days from the purchase date to obtain a boating safety identification card.
Laws regarding titling, numbering and registration apply to any vessel operated, used or stored on state waters except vessels lawfully stored at a dock or marina.
To learn more about Florida’s boating requirements, visit MyFWC.com/Boating.
SPECIALTY LICENSE PLATE GIFT CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
The Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles has authorized the issuance of specialty license plate gift certificates. This new program allows anyone to purchase a specialty license plate as a gift for a motor vehicle registrant.
- This gift certificate program works much like any gift certificate.
- Upon payment of the statutorily authorized annual use fee, a gift certificate may be purchased at an authorized motor vehicle office (e.g., state motor vehicle office, tax collector office, or licensed private tag agency) for any of the specialty license plates currently available in Florida.
- At the time of purchase, a receipt will be provided and a credit will be issued in the name of the gift recipient, which can then be redeemed by the recipient at the time the specialty license plate is purchased.
- You do not have to purchase and redeem the certificate at the same office.
- The gift certificate is not required to be presented to redeem the credit, just proper identification (i.e. Florida driver’s license or ID card).
- Once a gift certificate is purchased, the money is given to the sponsoring plate entity as specified by Florida Statutes. Therefore, refunds are not available for gift certificates.
Specialty license plates make great gifts, and will provide an opportunity to promote the many causes and organizations represented by the plates. Remember that in Florida, most registrations are renewed on the birth date of the registrant, so these gift certificates can also be a great birthday gift.
NEED YOUR TITLE TODAY?
Just visit any one of our 5 office locations for an original title, title transfer or duplicate title while you wait. There is an additional fee of $10.00 for this special fast service.
If you are not the owner of the vehicle, a Power of Attorney form is required.
Power of Attorney Form
Please visit the Florida Fish and Wildlife
Conservation Commission website for the most up-to-date Hunting, Fresh and Saltwater fishing bulletins.