Concealed Weapons Permit Applications
To schedule an appointment call 407-665-1000
We serve as a county agent for the Florida Department of Agriculture for the single purpose of performing limited permit application processing functions.
- This service is only available at our Lake Mary Branch located at 845 Primera Blvd.
- Appointments are required for original permit applications, excluding Active Military members.
- All forms of payment are accepted.
- Credit Cards - A processing fee* of 2.15% ($1.00 minimum) will be applied to all transactions.
- Debit Cards - A processing fee* of $1.50 must be added to your total transaction amount.
- Our convenience service fee of $12 for a renewal and $22 for an original application (to cover our cost) is in addition to the Florida Department of Agriculture permit fee.
NO PERMIT APPLICATIONS ARE PROCESSED THE DAY BEFORE OR AFTER A HOLIDAY.
- Active Military members may walk in for standby status to apply for original and renewal permits.
- Bring your military ID card or supporting papers with you.
NON MILITARY INFORMATION
Original permit applications require an appointment.
- Walk in hours for Renewals Only:
- 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Wait time varies as standby's are assisted in between applicants with an appointment that may be a no show.
- The permit is valid for seven (7) years.
- No replacements are performed at the Lake Mary Branch Office.
- The Florida Concealed Weapons permit is not reciprocal from state to state.
- You may use an out of state Driver License to apply.
- Certificates of Completion or Training from other states are accepted.
- A late fee of $15.00 will be applied for renewals expired for six months or less. After six months of expiration, you must re-apply for an original permit.
- More information is available at the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services website.
What should I bring with me to the Tax Collector's office?
- A picture ID (a driver license or state-issued identification card is perfectly acceptable)
- A copy of a training document or other certificate (see training requirements for information about proper training documentation in the FAQsection.)
- A personal check, cashier’s check, cash or money order in the proper amount. You may also pay by credit card or debit card.
- If you have ever been arrested, you should bring with you certified copies of the court documentation reflecting the final disposition of the charge(s) filed against you.
- If you were born outside the United States or if you are a permanent legal resident alien, you will need to bring official documentation with you that confirms your citizenship status.
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services links: